twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Thursday 5 February 2015

Why I love #stylingtheseasons

season, spring, green, planting. gardening
Inspired by chilly days, cosy nights in and blues and greens of the Spring

I love Styling The Season's hosted by Katy from Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte from Lotts And Lots. Each month the girls suggest a theme for you to take a styled photo of. Sounds fun? 

The reason I take part, apart from my love of bringing pretty things into the home, it let's me take photos using different objects. For my business, it's generally craft items and people crafting and for home it's my lovely family. So I like the challenge.

Featured image copy
#stylingtheseasons
                   


Also (before I tell you a little bit about my photo), I love creating a little corner of the home which is a homage to the month. I talk about it with my little girl and she asked me questions on the colours, what I have used etc, etc. That part for me is a big factor, talking about something new in the home with my little lady. Just priceless.

Follow other beautiful styled shoots on Instagram on #stylingtheseasons.


pretty china from Burleigh and my Gran's old lamp stand.

This is my seasonal shot, a beautiful pale pink hyacinth in a dainty cup with a 1960's lamp stand to the right with a lamp shade I had from my twisty fabric pleated shade I was gift (from buying days).

To the left a black metal tea light stand which we use whenever we can have a 'date night' in and light some candles and enjoy dinner together. 

The cup is a burleigh cup and saucer. Burleigh make the most amazing, gorgeous all over print china here in England. I totally adore all the patterns and love they are made only fifty miles away from home. True English style on your doorstep!
 
I love the Winter afternoon sun catching on the white wall.

 The lamp was given to me about six years ago when we did a house clear out for my Gran. Sad times, so I kept it as a memory of what she loved and displayed in her home.

I like that the three items are together, I can talk about them with my little girl and they are all make up my personal style. I am lucky my little one doesn't want to touch and grab. So for a little while they will stay in my little styled corner of the home.

Do let me know what else might fit in the theme?

If you have a #stylingtheseason post, please do leave a comment as I love to see other photos on the same theme.

Happy Thursday,

Samantha x

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template