twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Monday 15 June 2015

My Mellow Yellow Insta Week

Good Morning,

Last week was a happy week, the creative blog meet went really well, it was my Mum's birthday and the balance between work and family life was feeling right. I started to post a unplanned theme over on my Instagram of mellow pastel yellows.

On Monday I started my crafty hand regime with Weleda's citrus refreshing body oil, applying a few drops to my nails and cuticles before I sat down at my desk. I am now seven days into my regime and love the mini-pampering I'm getting. I must admit I am starting to get used to it and my finger tips feel so soft from all the stitching they are doing!

On Wednesday, I attended the Summer Market evening for exhibitors, excuse the quality of the picture. It is an honour to be invited back again with my stall for a second time. I do feel really lucky as I am still such a new business. They gave us these little sweetie bags with sherbet lemons in. How pretty!


After the talk, we were allowed around the venue, The Roundhouse in Derby. It's the oldest railway roundhouse in the world and a beautiful restored space which is now used for events in the heart of the city.


I felt really lucky to stand on the turning circle in the middle of the huge domed space looking down  where the rail tracked used to in use. I wore my new rock'n'roll skirt to the events in pastel yellow (not insteading to match the goodie bags!) with cream bow pumps . Really looking forward to the 5th July and meeting all the lovely visitors to this year's Summer Market.


As it was Mum's birthday, we went for afternoon tea and present giving in a beautiful lodge in Derbyshire. I gave Mum this handmade tote bag that I'd made. It's from a new class I've just started hosting and Mum loves receiving handmade. I love printing with fabric paints, I made this one with a vintage bow and buttons on in her favourite colours.



I posted this on my Instagram this morning, of my beautiful yellow roses from last year's Father's Day and I am hoping with a little sunshine we will get the same for Sunday.

Bye from my yellow week,

Love,

Samantha x

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template